and main bodies.
The European Green Deal
- Increasing the EU’s climate ambition for 2030 and 2050 : Under this objective, “the Commission will adopt a new, more ambitious EU strategy on adaptation to climate change”. This is at the core of AnaEE’s ambition. As mentioned in 2.4 of the present document, AnaEE will be in the position to develop and test mitigation and adaptation measures in response to global changes.
- From ‘Farm to Fork’; designing a fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system : Thanks to its experimental facilities in agro-ecosystems and aquatic, continental ecosystems, AnaEE will develop and study management and agricultural techniques that comply to the objective of preserving balanced ecosystem functioning. This imply short supply chains for food production. Enclosed facilities, as well as open-air platforms will allow to study the adaptation of agro-ecosystems to climate change. At least one representant of farmer’s representative organization will be part of the Stakeholder Committee (SHC).
- Preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity : This is at the core of AnaEE’s objective. AnaEE will be in position to test adaptation and mitigation measures for the preservation and restoration of ecosystems and biodiversity, supporting evidence-based regulations. Jurists, and policy makers will be members of the Stakeholder committee.
- A zero-pollution ambition for a toxic free environment In this domain AnaEE can support pollution measurements and their impact on terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. Moreover, thanks to its experimental facilities, AnaEE will be able to forecast the impact of pollutants on ecosystems, taking into account their possible evolution in the future, and the effective impact of policies in the domain of the prevention of pollution.
- Mobilizing research and fostering innovation : Innovation is at the heart of AnaEE. AnaEE will participate enthusiastically to the Horizon Europe program. Moreover, the integration of experimentation and modelling will help to test new regulations, participating to evidence-based regulations.
 COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, THE EUROPEAN COUNCIL, THE COUNCIL, THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEE AND THE COMMITTEE OF THE REGIONS The European Green Deal, COM/2019/640